Saturday, May 27, 2017

Arie Luyendyk Wins The 81st Indianapolis 500 - May 27th, 1997

May 27th, 1997
(Photo;en.wikipedia.org)
Polesitter Arie Luyendyk finished ahead of teammate Scott Goodyear to win the  81st Indianapolis 500 . With two laps to go, Luyendyk led Goodyear. A caution came out on the 199th lap, but the pace car did not come out to pick up the field. Without warning, the green and white flag were displayed at the starter's stand on the final lap, signifying the field was back to racing conditions. None of the cars in the field were prepared for the restart, and yellow lights remained illuminated for many seconds afterwards. Luyendyk held on to win, but controversy erupted regarding the officials' poor handling of the situation. Less than a month later, USAC was permanently removed from sanctioning the IRL and Indy 500, in favor of in-house officiating. It was the third time in his career that Goodyear narrowly lost the Indy 500 in the closing stages.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in my mid to late 40's. I had hand tremors for several years. Gradually became worse. I then noticed when I was tired the tremors were worse. I started falling for no apparent reason. I now have stiffness in my legs and need to walk with 2 canes or a walker. I am very slow getting around. I am now 52 years old. I am forgetful at times and have difficulty expressing myself. I have difficulty swallowing at times. I become tired easily, I also become quite dizzy when performing any athletic function (jogging). I was on Levodopa/Carbidopa, 100/25. nothing was really working to help my condition. Finally i started on parkinson's herbal formula i purchased from Health Herbal Clinic, i read alot of great reviews from other patients who used the parkinson's herbal treatment. I used the herbal remedy for 7 weeks, its effects on parkinson's is amazing, all My symptoms gradually faded away, I have been active and hope to continue! (Visit www. healthherbalclinic. weebly. com or email at healthherbalclinic@ gmail. com) I recommend this Parkinson's herbal formula for all Parkinson's Patients.

    ReplyDelete